View of a stone and metal railroad bridge, constructed in 1937, over the Henry Hudson Parkway east of Broadway in the Riverdale section of in The Bronx, New York City. There are automobiles on the road and a lamppost is visible. The bridge originally carried the New York Central's Putnam Division line. It is now used as a pedestrian bridge on a nature trail that runs through Van Cortlandt Park in The Bronx and into Westchester County, N.Y. The Van Cortlandt Equestrian Bridge, which was constructed in 1937 and carries a horse bridle trail over the Henry Hudson Parkway, is visible under the span.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
This image is provided for education and research purposes and should not be altered in any way. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rests with the user. For additional information see our Image Use Policy.
Courtesy of the Westchester County Archives
Archival TIFF - Microtek Scanner 9800 XL, Adobe Photoshop CS3, 400 dpi, 8 bit grayscale, no compression; JPEG - enhanced for web